Need questions answered? Frequently Asked Questions below

Elijah Family Homes serves families with low income who do not qualify for public housing because of past criminal offenses, often as a result of drug and alcohol addiction. Our Transition to Success program provides families safe, stable, affordable housing and supportive services in the form of highly individualized case management for up to 3 years.

  1.  Have dependent children under the age of 18 legally residing with you.
  2.  Not qualify for public housing for reasons other than income.
  3.  Must have a history of substance abuse, been clean and sober for at least 12 months prior to program entry, and be actively participating in treatment and/or in a 12 step or comparable recovery program.
  4.  Attend weekly 12-Step or recovery meetings.
  5.  Attend Elijah Family Homes’ Community Meetings monthly and turn in recovery meeting documentation.

Elijah Family Homes carefully screens its clients and there are stringent rules to which they must commit.  An application with accompanying documents must be completed first.  Upon review and acceptance of the application, rigorous interviews are conducted for further information gathering.  A decision is made and a client is notified of the outcome.

Please contact EFH directly if you qualify for our services. Our Program Director, Darla Carpenter, would be happy to assist you. She can be reached at (509) 943-6610.

PCAP assists pregnant and parenting mothers struggling with drug and alcohol abuse in obtaining and maintaining substance use treatment. It facilitates recovery programs, assures safe and stable home environments for children and ensures that they receive appropriate, timely health care as well as helps to prevent future  alcohol and drug-affected births.

For women residing in Benton or Franklin County please make sure the following apply:

Women who:
• Abuse alcohol/drugs during pregnancy;
• Are pregnant or up to 12 months post-partum;
• Are ineffectively connected to community services

Women who:
• Have a child with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), and
• Are currently abusing alcohol, and
• Are in their childbearing years


Still Have Questions? Contact Us

Simply click below to send us an email with your questions. We are here to help!